Emerging from the crisis that the Covid-19 Pandemic caused and the much-needed assistance to equip new mothers at the Mowbray Maternity Hospital with basic care packages, a joint initiative was born between The Zoe Project and Thula Baba Project.
Mothers who had been financially impacted during lockdown, were provided goods that were in high demand based on community unemployment issues and as such provided much relief to the mother and comfort to the babies being born in such uncertain times.
WHAT WE DO:
We source donations, collect, wash and pack baby items into aged infant parcels that are accessible and easy for the midwife-in-charge to distribute amongst the mothers giving birth at Mowbray Maternity.
WISHLIST OF BABA AND MAMA GOODS NEEDED
- Baba goods – new and gently used. Clothes, nappies, toiletries (Prem to 18 month)
- Mama goods – maternity pads, toiletries, small post-delivery snack treat
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can volunteer in the following ways
- Source needed items for the packs, nappies, baby grows, beanies and booties.
- Knit prem and 0-3 month old baby jerseys, booties and beanies. 75×90 – PLACE A LINK TO PATTERNS ONLINE
- Recruit family members and friends to knit and source nappies, baby grows, beanies and booties and toiletries
- Allocate your time to wash, sort and pack.
- Be a drop off, collection point in your area and provide the storage for all the donated goods.
- Donate monthly to the fund.
- A few hours a week of your time can make a big difference.
- Thula Baba Project NGO
- Standard Bank
- EFT Branch:051001
- Acct: 10105793726
Or Snap to give: https://pos.snapscan.io/qr/PXMP19967
Keen to Get involved and join the team? Be it a donor, driver, washer and sorter, knitter, packer – contact Caroline on 0718959512